Are you just sitting there scratching your head at the thought of creating a hyperlink because you either have no idea what it is or you’ve seen one before but have no clue how to navigate it.
When you learn how to do it, the process is quite simple but following the few steps in this guide will make it a whole lot easier for you.
This guide will be covering exactly what a hyperlink is and how you create it and what for. The importance of knowing why you’re creating them is important so they can be used effectively.
A hyperlink sort of explains itself with the idea of a link. They are both words and pictures which you make clickable so you can link another source on your content.
You are able to link any source on the web to your page by using a hyperlink. It comes in handy with blog posts, social media posts and stories and marketing content.
They can also give you the open to open another page and here are some of the options you have:
- Another web source
Hyperlinks are used in most pieces of content and are very second nature to most content producers around the world. However, if this is your first time hearing about one, these are a few tips and steps with how to create your own.
How To Make One In WordPress
When it comes to WordPress, it is all about embedding links within your work. This is really important because you can reference in your work the other source that is linked and they can go straight to that page by clicking on that writing.
- You need to start off by highlighting part of the text that you are looking to reference a link to.
- Then you need to look for the add button and find the link icon which will start the process.
- Depending on what you are looking to link in, you can either add the document file or insert the whole web address you need to link.
- Now you have created a hyperlinked text and when hovering over this piece of text, there is an option to go to that specific bit of content linked to that text.
There are also ways to hyperlink images to your content as well by follow these few steps:
- You need to first insert an image you would like to use for your content.
- Then you need to click on the image and the options will be presented in the bar above.
- You need to click on the link option again where you are able to link a document to this image which will explain the image further and where it has come from. This can also link to web addresses or articles of your choice.
What About An Email?
When using Gmail, there are quite similar steps you need to follow to create a hyperlink in the text of your email.
- You need to select the text you would like to link.
- Then click on the add sign and the options really similar to WordPress will come up and you need to press the link icon again.
- A box will come up where you add whatever document or URL you would like to add.
The Use Of Links On Social Media
Social media platforms are huge in society and people spread wide varieties of content across these platforms for both personal and business reasons.
Being able to use hyperlinks in your social media means you can add anything to your posts that you would like to link from any other source saved to your phone.
On both twitter and instagram, you are able to make posts where you can surround your post all about your hyperlink as there are only a few words allowed in the actual post. Therefore, this is a great way to share a story linking in a better formed document or web article.
Social media is also a great, free way to market your work online and many people use hyperlinks to help audiences see what their company offers.
As shown before, they will use hyperlinks to their website through email marketing, social media and online ads.
Instagram has also included hyperlinks especially for charities and fundraisers which makes it much easier to just link in what your cause is and it will take them straight to the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Make A Google Lnk In HTML?
To make page links in an HTML page, use the <a> and </a> tags, which are the tags used to define the links. The <a> tag indicates where the link starts and the </a> tag indicates where it ends.
Whatever text gets added inside these tags, will work as a link. Add the URL for the link in the <a href=” ”>
Overall, hyperlinks are extremely useful and effective tools when trying to promote content or getting people to read your blogs or articles.
As previously mentioned, it is also great for people trying to get the word out about good charitable causes too with free marketing.
Hopefully this guide has helped you understand what a hyperlink is and where you are able to use them to connect people to other sources and content of your own.
They are a great tool to use on many different platforms and will improve your work making it simpler to include all of the content you need without putting it all on one document.
Most of the different types of social media/ email options are very similar in the way they use hyperlinks and most of the steps are quite similar. It is more about recognising the icons and you will be set to link almost anything.